There is Nothing that is Called an Early Success

 There is nothing that is called an early success. You have to begin early working on it.

I have often contemplated over the last few months during my early 24s how I have not yet achieved anything in my music or writing career. And then look at these motivating and inspiring stars like Durjoy Dutta and Armaan Malik. They are already doing things they want. Earning from their passion and most importantly fulfilling the dreams of their parents and buying them everything they deserve. How astonishing! How focused them must have been right from the beginning. And here I am boiling milk in a bartan and hoping that a miracle would do some kirtan!

But, not that I am writing this to you is not because I am sad or at a state of contemplation. Remember I once said? Feel whatever you are feeling and let it pass. The more you hold back a feeling and resist it, the more it amplifies to raise delusions. I follow that. 

My feeling of contemplation has passed and then it reckoned in my head how the stars who are starring my vision had begun very early in their lives and had begun to struggle when I was being spoon fed by my mom. Ofcourse, I do not regret the childhood of no worries. A childhood of playing kho-kho & cricket. A childhood of being at leisure and pleasure. A childhood of not knowing the crooked WAYS OF THE WORLD. I began singing and composing at 13 and did not know that I was infact composing and people get paid for that. I did not know that getting paid will be a goal in life within a few years. At 13, I had no idea that I had to sit for competitives to get a Government job and ofcourse my family like every other Indian family was more focused on my marks instead of the school syllabus. Thus, it never came into my head that writing a book or a blog would ever get me global recognition and even if I knew that at 13 or 10, I was not hungry of global recognition whatsoever. 

But, the celebrities we know had begun very early. Armaan Malik as far as I know had started his career before I knew how to tie a knot! So, there is not point of me thinking if I have not achieved everything he already has. 

The point is, stop contemplating about where someone is and where you are. Contemplation will not fill the gaps. Your efforts will. So, if you are not near the life of your dreams but your friend or a cousin is- it is because they knew where to throw the right pebbles and you did not. Just because you took time choosing the right pebbles does not mean that your timeline is finished. Not every one who choose early is living it correct. Not everyone who achieved success soon lived long enough to live its fruits. Not everyone who is enjoying the stardom was able to have a peaceful childhood. You did and no one can take that away now. 



What is awaiting is the possibility of your choices and it is telling you that if you begin it today, you will not be late anymore :)

GOOD LUCK. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is Always Right

A Belief | Poem

Fear is but, A Lack of Faith