December Put a Pat on my Back | Goodbye Poem for 2023 | Stay Motivated | Merry Christmas

 December put a pat on my back.
A long quiet hug,
And a warm rug.
So, I laid down the year's stress.
Hold the button-
And press, Refresh. 

December rubbed its palm on my back
Telling me how proud it is-
I've turned bigger stones
Without turning my back.
So, I laid down my head
And a story,
Everyone has heard,
Everyone has said,
Hold the button-
And press, Refresh. 

But do quiet winters too,
Smoke beginnings new? 

December sat by my side.
No conversations, only silence.
It knows everything
And I've nothing to hide
It knows what had happened
It knows how I had felt:
Kicked below the belt.

So, December
put a pat on my back. 
A warm cup of coffee
For the mile in front of me.
Asking me, 
"Are you not enough smart?
Hold the button..."
And I pressed, Restart. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fear is not the Cradle of Hope.

The Modern Orthodox

Time is Always Right